It’s our goal to feature call to artists when we see them. We just came across this animal shelter art mural project and had to share! We-Reach Out has partnered with ASK, The Riverside County Department of Animal Services and Healthy Jurupa Valley and are inviting individual artists to submit applications for TWO painted mural projects at the Riverside County Department of Animal Services’ Jurupa Valley animal shelter. The selected artist(s) will work with Project Committee representatives from the Animal Solutions Konnection (ASK) Foundation, Riverside County Department of Animal Services, and Healthy Jurupa Valley to create exterior painted murals for the facility.
Check out the video below for more information!
Animal Shelter Art Mural Project Details:
There are two walls, which means more opportunity for a chance to get involved with this project! As if the excitement of getting to paint your own mural and help save animal lives wasn’t enough, there’s a stipend! Looking to submit a design to be considered? Here are some of the criteria and requisites.
Mural 1 Artwork Criteria: Butterfly Garden Wall –
Wall 1 – 10’6″ tall x 18′ long
Wall 2 – 10’6″ tall x 30′ long
• Highlight the importance of connecting with nature in our daily lives, and help to create a sense of place within the shelter
• May focus on themes surrounding the butterfly garden itself, nature, and/or animals – they are open to creativity
• Preference given to designs that fill a majority of the available wall space
• Windows can be incorporated into the design, but cannot be painted on.
Mural 2 Artwork Criteria: Selfie Mural – 1 Wall – 10’6″ tall x 30′ long
• Theme: “I Found My Forever Home”
• Gives a feeling of stepping “inside” the design
• Visually interesting and appealing
• Artist MUST reside in the Inland Empire (Riverside or San Bernardino County)
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Individual Artist only (no teams)
• Must be available between 9 AM and 4 PM
• Must follow public health guidelines
• Should be willing to participate in Social Media engagement
• Must provide a W-9 to receive the artist stipend.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 9th 2021Artist Application