The Paint Sesh is mobile painting party business operating in the Inland Empire, Orange County and Los Angeles surrounding areas. In our classes, we use acrylic paints on various canvases and teach the painting of the class step by step. Most of our guests have no painting experience and we want them all to leave happy with their painting!
That is where you come in. We are looking for energetic, fun artists/ assistant with teaching experience. The ideal person for this job will have an upbeat outgoing personality, able to teach a painting class up to 30+ guests in approximately 2 hours. There is additional drive time, picking up the kit, setup and cleanup time. The total time for each event is 4 hours, (sometimes longer depending on the type of event.)
Artist Job Description:
- Set-Up / Clean-up for each event
- Be the MC / Host of both public and private events
- Guide classes of up to 30+ adults (sometimes children) to paint an acrylic painting in two hours
- Occasionally be scheduled to execute an experience solo for smaller classes, and be expected to maintain a high level of quality while entertaining your guests
- Clearly and concisely articulate instructions to guests so they can leave with a finished product that they’re proud of
- Manage the flow of the experience while providing individual support to guests as needed
- Able to copy the scheduled painting for each event and recreate/instruct it accurately
- Pick up the art kit prior to event (which is located in Riverside, CA)
Assistant Job description:
- Set-Up / Clean-up for each event
- Work alongside Artist to ensure the successful execution of creative experiences
- Check-in customers
- Take photos of customers and short videos during the event
- Make sure customers are happy with their painting, if not give helpful suggestions
- Help customers catch up with the painting if they arrive late
- Do basic inventory of supplies and communicate back to us if anything needs attention.
* Some larger events require an artist and assistant to get the job done Where as a smaller class size, only an artist will be scheduled and is required to do the duties of the assistant as well.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude and genuinely excited to help guests
- Offer an encouraging, fun, upbeat, and exciting painting experience to our guests
- Multi-task and manage time effectively
- Punctual is key (arrive to events with enough time to unload and set-up)
- Comfortable with speaking publicly in front of a crowd (10-50 people)
- Ability to simplify and explain steps for completing art and other projects
- Provide excellent customer service
- Painting with acrylics, teaching art classes, or related experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Flexible schedule: must be able to work some holidays, week nights, and weekends
- Reliable Transportation (and enough room to store the art kit for each event)
- Willing to travel (we have events in the IE, OC and LA areas)
- Valid drivers license
- Aged 21+
Setting up and cleaning up events involves some physical tasks, so you must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds. You may need to push or pull supplies, tables, and chairs. You will also be required to stand for at least 4 hours. Possible additional tasks may include transporting supplies to and from events, which involves lifting and moving bins of up to 40 lbs.
Enjoy working for a small business:
The Paint Sesh is all about supporting local artists! Our painting events make the perfect outlet for artists. Since we are actually a small business (with only Chris and Chelz) we want more than someone to work for us…we want someone to work with us and be apart of our team. Teamwork makes the dream work!
Get to know more about us and what we do in our About page.
*Applicants will only be considered if they completed the online artist application and meet the requirements/qualifications.